The Snow Queen – RELAXED PERFORMANCE
Come on an epic adventure at The Courtyard this Christmas with an enchanting new version of Hans Christian Andersen’s timeless story, The Snow Queen. Best friends Gerda and Kay are inseparable, but when the Snow Queen steals Kay away and threatens to turn his heart into a lump of ice, Gerda sets off on an extraordinary adventure to save her best friend. On her way, she meets lots of magical and mysterious characters, who help her discover her true strength. Featuring original songs and interaction aplenty, this energetic and exciting show celebrates the things that make us different and the value of true friendship.
WHAT IS A RELAXED PERFORMANCE?
A Relaxed Performance is specifically designed for those who would appreciate a less formal theatre environment. The aim is to retain all the magic of the pantomime experience but in a more relaxed environment through sensitive changes to the performance. A quiet, sensory room will also be provided for audience members to use if they need a break from the performance.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The relaxed performance is open to everyone but may benefit individuals with autism spectrum conditions, learning difficulties or sensory and communication difficulties.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT TO OTHER PERFORMANCES?
• We keep the lights on low over the auditorium.
• Effects in the show are toned down, especially if they involve sudden loud noises or flashes of bright light.
• Audience members are free to move around, leave their seats and make noise during the show.
• A quiet, sensory room is available for audience members to use if they need a break from the performance
• There will be audience participation, but individuals will not be picked on at random.
• Sweets will not be thrown out over the audience.
• Someone will hold up signs to warn about loud noises.
• Additional staff and stewards will be on board to help.
• A social story will be available to help familiarise audience members with the venue and performance before the show.