CLASSIC GHOSTS – Interview with Terrence Hardiman
We spoke to Terrence Hardiman, well known for his roles in The Demon Headmaster and Cadfael, who is starring in Classic Ghosts at The Courtyard this February.
- Classic Ghosts is two ghost stories in one, what attracted you to these stories?
I thought they were cracking stories to share with an audience. The characters I was asked to play were nice contrasts and I wanted to get back on stage again after a bit of a gap.
- What are you most looking forward to for Classic Ghosts?
Getting together with the team again; we seem to have had a fruitful relationship and a successful and happy run earlier in the year; it would be nice if we could repeat that.
- What are the challenges to creating suspense on stage?
I refer you to the director! Our job as actors is to tell the story.
- Do you believe in the supernatural?
No. (I say that with my fingers crossed behind my back.) Though we MAY have encountered a theatre ghost or two on our earlier tour.
- What’s your favourite scary movie/story and why?
The science fiction of John Wyndham caught my imagination when I was younger: The Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Wakes, and The Midwych Cuckoos among them. There was also a tv version of The Quatermass Experiment which terrified the nation.
You can see Terrence in Classic Ghosts at The Courtyard Wednesday 11 – Saturday 14 February.