The Courtyard are back with the purr-fect Christmas Family Pantomime!
Following the best-selling year ever, The Courtyard’s legendary pantomime returns full of fun, excitement, and adventure!
To celebrate The Courtyard’s 25th Anniversary year we’ll be following our spirited hero Dick and his feline friend, as they pack up their handkerchief to embark on an epic adventure seeking fame and fortune.
Their magical rags to riches tale takes us on an exciting journey to London Town… but will the streets be paved with gold?
With an action-packed swashbuckling story, magnificent musical numbers, spectacular sets, electric live band, dazzling costumes and a joyfully funny script, Dick Whittington is the festive family pantomime that will leave you feeling rich beyond your wildest dreams!
WHAT IS A RELAXED PERFORMANCE?
An Autism Friendly / Relaxed Performance is specifically designed for those who would appreciate a less formal theatre environment. The aim is to retain all the magic of the pantomime experience but in a more relaxed environment through sensitive changes to the performance. A quiet, sensory room will also be provided for audience members to use if they need a break from the performance.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The relaxed performance is open to everyone but may benefit individuals with autism spectrum conditions, learning difficulties or sensory and communication difficulties.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT TO OTHER PERFORMANCES?
• We keep the lights on low over the auditorium.
• Effects in the show are toned down, especially if they involve sudden loud noises or flashes of bright light.
• Audience members are free to move around, leave their seats and make noise during the show.
• A quiet, sensory room is available for audience members to use if they need a break from the performance
• There will be audience participation, but individuals will not be picked on at random.
• Sweets will not be thrown out over the audience.
• Someone will hold up signs to warn about loud noises.
• Additional staff and stewards will be on board to help.
• A social story will be available to help familiarise audience members with the venue and performance before the show.