Herefordshire Short Film Project
If you are a short film maker and would like to see your work on the big screen The Courtyard can help. The Herefordshire Short Film programme is seeking short films to compliment the feature film programme at The Courtyard whilst providing opportunities to talented film makers from within the region.
Submitted films will be vetted by The Courtyard’s short film panel, if selected the film will be formatted for screening and stored until a feature film with a complimenting characteristics is programmed. The film maker will be contacted to confirm the feature films title and the number of screenings. The Courtyard will promote the short film alongside the main feature through the website. Post screening the film maker can withdraw the film or it will be kept for subsequent screenings in the future. Audiences will be given the opportunity to give feedback on the film and this feedback will be shared with the film maker upon request.
- Anyone can submit a short film. We especially encourage submissions from student and amateur filmmakers.
- Films submitted with strong content or contributor ties to Herefordshire will be prioritised.
- Films need to be suitable for all audience. Films containing images of a sexual nature or with excessive violence or strong language will not be deemed suitable.
- Films must be no longer than 7 minutes in length.
- Films must be in English or have embedded English subtitles.
- Entrants can submit more than one film.
- Submitting a film is free. However, all costs for film production are the responsibility of the entrant.
- Films to have all necessary rights and releases secured for us to feature them, Includes music.
- All intellectual property rights for the film remain with the film maker.
- Films may be submitted in any digital format, if chosen the DCP formatting will be provided by The Courtyard for no charge.