New Hearing Loop System at Box Office
We’re thrilled to announce that we have installed a new hearing loop system at Box Office.
With thanks to funding from the Eveson Charitable Trust, we have made our new Box Office space more accessible.
Hearing Loop System
The loop system works using small microphones under the Box Office monitors which pick up what staff are saying. The signal is fed back to a box which then goes to the blue signs on the counter. To use it, the customers need to stand in front of the signs and switch their hearing aids to the T position.
The new Box Office counter has also been adapted to include an accessible height section and a tactile map of the entire building is available.
Making The Courtyard Accessible
Other ways we have made The Courtyard more accessible include:
- Audio Description available on in-house productions and a selection of films.
- All permanent signage throughout the building is tactile.
- Braille and large print menus are available for both of our restaurants, as is an audio described version.
- Guide dogs are welcome in the building.
- Selected performances are BSL signed.
- Selected screenings are shown with subtitles where possible.
- Infra-red Audio Enhancement is available for the hard of hearing in the main auditorium and for all film screenings.
- A hearing loop is installed in the main auditiorium.
- Relaxed performances and screenings are available for individuals with autism spectrum conditions, learning difficulties or sensory and communication difficulties.
- Ear defenders are available from the Box Office for those who may need them.
- Social stories are available for all our relaxed screenings and performances.
- Dementia Friendly performances, screenings and events are offered regularly.
- Baby Friendly screenings are set up for those who want to get out of the house, socialise and enjoy great films.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- Complimentary tickets are available for Carers or Personal Assistants who accompany a Disabled visitor.
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the Main House stalls and the Studio Theatre – these must be booked in person or by phone.
- A speaking lift is available to all floors.
- There is level access to all public areas of the building.
- Accessible toilets are available on all floors.
These are just some of the things we’ve put in place. Our commitment to being accessible to everyone is an ongoing journey. If you have an access requirement that isn’t being catered for yet, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!