THEATRE TOKENS – CUSTOMER NOTICE

As of December, we will no longer be accepting Society of London Theatre Tokens as payment.

Image result for theatre tokens

The Society of London have recently undertaken some major changes to their Theatre Tokens system, which we are unable to facilitate, therefore we are delighted to announce that we are now selling our own Courtyard Vouchers, that, as well as being used for shows or films, can also be used as payment at the Café Bar.

If you have Society of London Theatre Tokens, but aren’t sure what you’d like to spend it on yet, we will be able to swap these for our new Courtyard Vouchers up to and including Thursday 30th November 2017.

 

From 30th November 2017, The Courtyard will no longer be selling or redeeming Society of London Theatre Tokens.  There are a number of reasons for this and here’s why…

The Society of London have recently undertaken some major changes to their theatre tokens system, which we are unable to facilitate.  They are discontinuing the paper tokens in favour of plastic gift cards, which would require us to install scanners and new software to our Box Office computers.  As a relatively small and rural charity arts centre, we simply cannot afford the expense of the new equipment.

• For every theatre token we sell, we only receive 5% of the income.  The remaining 95% is claimed by Society of London.  When customers pay using theatre tokens, the Society of London take a 10% ‘service charge’.  This is a considerable portion of our revenue which we have been required to sacrifice for the last 9 years so that we could provide Theatre Tokens for our customers.

• We have introduced our own Courtyard Vouchers to replace Theatre Tokens.  We believe that this will greatly benefit both our customers and ourselves.  The advantages of our new vouchers are that customers can use them at the Café Bar as well as on tickets for shows and films.  As vouchers are normally bought as gifts for loved ones, this will mean they have more of a choice of what they can spend their vouchers on.

• Like Theatre Tokens, there is no expiry date on our Courtyard Vouchers.  However, as we have full control over the sales and redemption of our own vouchers, we will be able to accept them indefinitely, even if we update our systems or revamp our vouchers.  As part of Theatre Tokens recent renovation, they are discontinuing paper tokens, meaning there is a cut-off date for customers to use them – this will not happen with Courtyard Vouchers.

• If you would like to purchase Society of London Theatre Tokens, we can provide them for you at The Courtyard up to and including Thursday 30th November 2017.  After this date, you can purchase them online at https://www.theatretokens.com/ but you will not be able to redeem them at the Courtyard Theatre.  A full list of venues that will accept Society of London Theatre Tokens can be found on their website.

 

Thank you for your ongoing support!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *